Thursday, June 7, 2018

Hugo Thoughts - Best Fancast

Some fancasts seem to get nominated every year, others are a little newer.

As I don't have a commute, I don't have a lot of time to listen to podcasts, so I base my vote off of the sample episodes provided.

As usual, the highest quality was Ditch Diggers, but I doubt that a podcast aimed entirely at professional writers is going to actually win.

Also high quality, the Verity Podcast (Doctor Who specific, but there might be enough fans) and Sword & Laser. Fangirl Happy Hour went a bit too political with the submission I listened to (I dislike politics in Hugo submissions even if I agree with them).

As always, I was disappointed with Galactic Suburbia. Their cast is over 90 minutes long and usually contains about an hour of material. In other words, tighten up.

I was also somewhat disappointed with The Coode Street Podcast. The episode I listened to was an interesting interview, but it had no intro or outro, no real use of the medium.

My choice: Ditch Diggers.

My prediction: Eh. Probably Sword & Laser. Hard to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment