Monday, November 12, 2012

Red Poppies...

Red poppies for those who stand in the path of tyranny.

Red poppies for those who fight for what they believe in.

Red poppies for those who protect our freedom.

For some reason, though, this Veterans Day (or Remembrance Day, as I still think of it, having spent my formative years in England) I am thinking about Malala Yousefzai, the Pakistani girl who was shot in the head for sticking up for her right to get an education. Amazingly, she survived and recovered.

We tend to think about the soldiers at this time, and believe me, I support soldiers. I support what they go through, I try my best to understand. But sometimes it's also worth giving remembrance to those who are not soldiers but who, nonetheless, risk...and sometimes give...their lives for freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment