Friday, November 2, 2012

I have returned.

The storm knocked out my power for 30 hours, by far the longest outage we've ever had here.

Then it set up a cascade failure that knocked out my internet for 48 hours...oddly, starting 24 hours after the END of the storm.

I'm back. I have learned a few things. Such as, if you have digital voice and are reporting outages, use your cell. Otherwise they may knock you off the line trying to fix things...oops.

And no damage otherwise. No updates other than Stripped still being in production. I should have more soon, though.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah...we've got phone service through Comcast, so same thing.

    I call to report a problem with my cable modem (slow internet, etc), and the helpful Comcast person says, "I'll send a reset signal to your modem." I start to say, "No, wait..." but it's too late, the signal is sent, and CLICK.

    And then, as you learned, I call back on my cell phone.

    ReplyDelete