Monday, November 26, 2012

Just a mini-vent...

That dang Thoroughbred is lame again. Same leg. Once more, we can't find anything wrong with the leg.

So, now, he has a chiropractic appointment scheduled. Rather glad it's not my horse and I don't have to pay for it. My theory, based off of the fact that he's started going for me when saddled again (just as he did right before the last time this happened) is that the poor guy has a wither spine misaligned. (Yes, they do have spines under there...what creates the wither 'bump' is spines that come up from the vertebrae). The shoulder muscles are anchored to the withers, which means a misalignment there could cause the intermittent high leg lameness we can't find...can't find a problem with the leg because there's nothing actually wrong with his leg.

Hopefully I'm right and we can get the problem *fixed* this time. Horses. And I'm still crazy enough to want my own...

No comments:

Post a Comment