Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Review: Reincarnation Blues by Michael Poore

I don't normally mind books with a religious bent if they aren't too preachy - and Reincarnation Blues, while definitely Buddhist in its leanings is certainly not preachy.

It's also well written and I found the characters entertaining. My problem was a small one: I would have preferred the fascinating future timeline as a straight science fiction novel. It's unfortunate, and really just a matter of taste.

And, of course, humor is subjective, and I personally don't find people being eaten by sharks that funny. People on fire are funny. People being eaten by sharks makes me go "Can we please stop demonizing sharks."

If you find it funny, you'll probably find this book amazing. If not, well, one of the two most annoying forms of art is humor that doesn't make you laugh.

The writer was clearly laughing, though, so I recommend this book with that caveat. And I loved the future worldbuilding.

No comments:

Post a Comment