Monday, June 7, 2010

A thought on bad reviews...

Here is my terrible confession.

Nothing gets my blood pressure up faster than a bad review. I have enough restraint and professionalism not to respond to them, but...I hate bad reviews. Hate them. They always make me wonder if I should have bothered ever writing the story. (Good reviews, of course, have me dancing on air).

I'm sure I am far from the only one.

So, I'm going to share what I think of every time I get a review that makes me want to tear out my hair.

Post movie reviews. As in, the Washington Post. I find them incredibly useful every time I am borderline about bothering to see a film.

If they love it...I can be absolutely certain it's two hours of my life I won't get back.
If they slam it into little pieces...time to look up show times.

Enough said.

There is something far, far worse than a bad review: No review.

No comments:

Post a Comment