Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Should We...

 ...try to get the attention of aliens.

I mean, the Vulcans showing up would be awesome right about now, especially if they could trade us a roadmap for immune system enhancement.

But what if it's the Romulans?

A NASA-led team is considering broadcasting math, physics, the constituents of DNA and...a return address.

We've all seen Species, right?

Don't get me wrong...I wouldn't mind a conversation with a being who evolved on a different planet. One of the themes of my work is absolutely interspecies friendship and bonding (and if I wrote more, shall we say, adult material, we know where it would go). I work on interspecies friendship fairly commonly, after all. (Yes, horses can make friends).

But some people are a bit concerned about attracting an invasion.

To which I would say this:

By the time the message reaches its destination, who knows what state our civilization and species will be in.

And one scientist says we should follow the Prime Directive...and not attempt to contact anyone until we are moving out into space.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment