Monday, July 13, 2020

Hugo Roundup: Lodestar

I still have mixed feelings about the Lodestar award, mostly because it's not a Hugo and is funneling good work away from Best Novel.

But it's also adding to recognition.

  • Catfishing on CatNet, by Naomi Kritzer (Tor Teen)
  • Deeplight, by Frances Hardinge (Macmillan)
  • Dragon Pearl, by Yoon Ha Lee (Disney/Hyperion)
  • Minor Mage, by T. Kingfisher (Argyll)
  • Riverland, by Fran Wilde (Amulet)
  • The Wicked King, by Holly Black (Little, Brown; Hot Key)
I am still disappointed the Peasprout Chen book didn't make it, but everything that did deserved to be there.

My pick: Minor Mage
My prediction: Unsure. Riverland won the Norton, but is more a Norton type of book than a Lodestar. I'm going to guess Dragon Pearl.

No comments:

Post a Comment