Friday, October 10, 2014

World Fantasy Con

World Fantasy Con is about a month away and I know I've mentioned to some people that I will be attending the convention. (Because it's really convenient and thus isn't going to cost a fortune).

I am pleased to announce that I have been given the privilege of being on a panel. The panel is entitled "The Great Game in History and Fiction" - we'll be talking about the conflict between Britain and Russia in Central Asia during the 19th century and how its influenced fantasy - and might influence future work.

Also, attending members will be receiving a copy of Unconventional Fantasy: A Celebration of Forty Years of the World Fantasy Convention. This is so big it's going to be on a USB drive - lots of stories and some wonderful artwork.

I have been given the singular honor of having a work included in this collection. The selected story is "Water Demons," which first appeared in the Dagan Books FISH anthology - the few people who showed up to my readings at RavenCon and Balticon have heard excerpts from this story, which I consider to be my best fantasy story ever and also better than most of my science fiction. (Do I love this story too much? Possibly).

No comments:

Post a Comment