Monday, April 15, 2013

What can I say?

I had all kinds of thoughts on what to post on today.

Instead, I'm just going to send thoughts and prayers to everyone in Boston today. We aren't sure what happened yet, but I hope they catch whoever decided it would support their crazy cause to blow up the Boston Marathon.

Preliminary casualties stand at 23 injured, 2 dead...and as always with these things that tally will rise. Many of the injured will never be what they were - severed limbs and severe burns observed amongst the casualties.

At least five explosive devices were planted. Fortunately, only two of them went off.

I'm going to stick out my neck and say I do not think this was Al Qaeda, but domestic terrorism. This attack could have been far worse, but it does not seem that everything the terrorists intended occurred. I suppose we can be grateful for that and also for the fact that they chose a target already crawling with first responders monitoring the race.

No claim of responsibility yet.

Damn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment