Wednesday, May 4, 2011

A little gift for Wednesday...

I'm in one of my unpleasant moods...when I get like this, I feel as if nobody will ever read my stuff. So I'm pulling out an old drabble that I know I'm not likely to sell and offering it to everyone. Hey. It's cheering me up a little.


The Immortal Rose

It was perfection itself, the deep red flower, its rich scent. In the vase it sat, not wilting or dying. For that was its secret, a rose that would not die, could not die. It waited on a windowsill, turned slightly towards the brilliant sun outside. Bred and spliced for this, forever to brighten a woman's life and echo a man's love. Yet it was still a rose, with thorns. She reached to pick it up, to hold it where the scent could reach her. The thorns pricked her, and she fell. Nothing can live without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment