Thursday, July 4, 2019

Hugo Roundup: Best Fanzine

This is one of the three categories that tends to have a higher number of repeat nominees. In fact, the only new fanzine is Quick Sip Reviews.

Which kind of...after a while it gets old. This year's contenders

1. Rocket Stack Rank, a highly useful index of short fiction (sadly they don't cover everything, because they can't).
2. Galactic Journey. Their schtick of being a fake 60s fanzine is growing on me.
3. Lady Business. A solid review zine.
4. Nerds of a Feather. Also a solid review zine.
5. Quick Sip Reviews. If it only has one writer is it really a fanzine?
6. Journey Planet. The only traditional fanzine in the bunch, but I've never cared for it, mostly because each issue focuses on a different fandom and I generally only have interest in a third. Doesn't speak to quality.

All deserving winners.

My pick: Rocket Stack Rank, because it's the most useful.
My prediction: Who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment