Thursday, July 8, 2021

Hugo Award: Best Dramatic Presentation - Long Form

This category finally got me to watch The Old Guard, which is so far up my alley that I have been talking about it all week.

Netflix actually provided the entire movie to WorldCon members. I believe this is a first for long form. (Of course, anyone who was going to get a membership just to see it already has at this point). It's not a great movie, but it's a fun movie.

The other contenders are all movies I haven't seen. The creators of Palm Springs provided a shooting script and a trailer that told me everything I need to know. (I do not like American romantic comedies where the male lead is a total jerk...and stays a total jerk and gets the girl anyway. Bleh).

Soul did look intriguing from the trailer. I hear it's very cute (in a good way).

I haven't beeb able to see the other nominated movies and the studios provided nothing. I do wonder how many people will vote for Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga just because so many people were screaming that it shouldn't be eligible...

No comments:

Post a Comment