Thursday, July 7, 2016

R.I.P. Steve D. Russell

For the first time I have to write about an industry professional who was also a personal friend. I doubt it will be the last.

Steve D. Russell was the CEO of Rite Publishing. He was an ENnie award winning designer and developer. His most recent project was Lords of Gossamer and Shadow - the Amber system with the Zelazny serial numbers beautifully filed off (and the things I hated about Amber removed).

I was one of his playtesters for LoGaS, and spent many hours at the table with him and other friends.

Steve died after a car accident shortly after moving to Dayton, Ohio. His wife, Miranda, is pregnant with their first child.

I mourn a good storyteller, a great GM and a good friend.

A Gofundme has been set up for Steve's family to help defray the financial expenses and make this difficult time easier for them: https://www.gofundme.com/2d5qnes

Rite Publishing's schedule has been suspended - it was a micropress and I do not know if anyone else will be taking over or getting the rights to their products. I hope that it will live on in some form. I believe Steve would want that.


No comments:

Post a Comment