Thursday, December 6, 2012

Things we know and don't know

There was somebody walking through the lobby of the building today carrying what seemed to me to be quite obviously a Maine Coon...a huge cat with lots of fur and slight ear tufts.

However, when I congratulated him on his gorgeous Maine Coon, he went 'What?' He'd got the kitty from the shelter and didn't know the breed...and, of course, being from the shelter, it might not be a pure Maine Coon anyway. Sure looked like one to me.

I like playing guess the breed with pets, especially dogs. I'm often right. Sometimes I'm wrong and that's fine too. It's okay to be wrong. It's also okay to admit that you have absolutely no clue. That's something a lot of people find very hard to do. So they make ridiculous guesses just to avoid admitting it.

At least this guy admitted he didn't have a clue. (The cat didn't look too happy. I think they might have been coming back from the vet. Shudder).

No comments:

Post a Comment