Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Mammoth steaks?

 Personally, no. But there's talk about bringing back mammoths (which, by the way I don't actually agree with).

And, of course, talk about eating them.

I have a line I draw, and that is that if it passes the mirror test or demonstrates abstract thought, no. Cows, while fairly smart, do not have this capability. Neither do horses, although I prefer not to eat horse as it feels like I'm breaking an agreement with the ones I ride.

Elephants, however, do. If mammoths are as smart as elephants...then no, I won't eat them.

(By the way, the tl;dr on why I don't like it is because we need elephant mothers to birth elephants, not mammoths, and any mammoths we make will be culturally...elephants...there will be differences. Mules are culturally horses, but still show cognitive differences. But...we can't actually bring back mammoths because we can't restore their culture).

No comments:

Post a Comment