Thursday, August 8, 2019

World Fantasy Nominations

They're out and they can be found here.

In novel:

Disappointed at the absence of Spinning Silver, but it is a tough year. Of the ones actually listed, I'd probably pick Trail of Lightning.

Novella:

The Tea Master and the Detective is absolutely science fiction, and I would put The Only Harmless Great Thing there too. Guys, guys.

Because of that, I'd pick The Black God's Drums

Others

I haven't read most of these. Same with the anthologies and collections. I suspect that The Book of Magic will win Anthology because of the dead editor effect.

For the special award - professional I'd pick C.C. Finlay, who is amazing. And for non-professional, probably Scott H. Andrews.

But it's juried, so we'll see what happens.

Just.

Why no Spinning Silver?

No comments:

Post a Comment