Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Farpoint Roundup

I would have posted yesterday, but I had a trip home that involved malfunctioning light rail doors, an ADA violation (Which was also a problem for people with, ya know, luggage) and an accident on the elevators at Penn (No, I wasn't hurt, but somebody else was, and I'm very glad I was there to hit the emergency stop button when everyone else was the other end of the platform).

Farpoint went very well. Including the masquerade (although sorry, Stephanie Kiss, I did not mean to jinx you!)

I honestly never thought Farpoint would be the first con at which I would see a drag queen perform - shout out to the brilliant D'Manda Martini.

The Star Trek and Contemporary Science Fiction, Conflict and Utopia, and Doctor Who panels went very well. Chibnall gave us way too much to argue about. Star Trek and Contemporary Fiction spawned at least one panel idea.

The Woke Media panel had some issues. We were all tired, and there was one particular attendee who wouldn't stay on topic (and not in a good way at all). I would like to do a similar panel again, but please not in the last shot of the con. Last panel needs to be something much lighter and less controversial, in my opinion. Not a criticism of my fellow panelists.

Special shout out to the hotel; they did a really good job this year with pretty much everything.

And, of course, shout out to the Farpoint committee and volunteers.

No comments:

Post a Comment