Thursday, November 9, 2017

Fashion Police!

Come arrest the Doctor, stat!


Look at that - objectively it's soooo awful. Suspenders? Skants? I don't know if I want to cosplay her after all! (Esp. as I have no idea where I'd find skants like that and ya know, I can't sew).

On the other hand, there's something amazingly meta about the Doctor wearing TARDIS socks.

And the more I look at it, the more I hear Jodie Whitaker saying "Jelly baby?"

All of the new series Doctors have had fashion sense. It's kind of refreshing that Thirteen clearly doesn't. I think we're getting goofy, which the show could use. (And it also does neatly evade "I'm a woman now, I care about FASHION. Or subverts it"). The other thing I'm noting is that while Whitaker is obviously *wearing* makeup, it's natural makeup - indicating the Doctor *isn't*, which I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment