Monday, June 9, 2014

X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Finally saw it this weekend.

So, how did they manage to go to an alternate reality and convince Bishop to come play himself? (That guy was just so perfect and I've never heard of him before).

I'm going to say: This was the best of the X-Men movies so far. I would have liked an explanation for how Xavier was alive and himself after being last seen at the end of the trilogy in somebody else's body, but it's a comic book, all kinds of things could have happened. So I'm giving that a pass.

(Young Xavier having bad hair was a bit of a cognitive disconnect...)

I know some people were disappointed that Kitty didn't go back in time with Logan like in the comics, but I could live with that - although I'm not sure the actress didn't get slightly screwed. The role they gave her was hardly exciting.

I want to see more, somehow, of Bishop and Blink both.

It was a smooth way to write themselves out of the hole they'd written themselves into with the first trilogy and I'm looking forward to what's next - which appears to involve a certain very, very old mutant.

It was a lot of fun - and definitely better than ASM2.

No comments:

Post a Comment