Wednesday, June 13, 2012

What do we most need to change?

Okay. I'm tossing this out there.

What would our society most benefit from seeing change? What changes do we most need to make to build a better future?

I can think of quite a lot of possibilities...but which ones do people think are the most important to either change or get rid of:

1. The low value society places on teachers.
2. Increasing health care costs.
3. The tendency of society as a whole to be risk averse and attempt to reduce the risks taken by competent adults.
4. Partisan politics and 'culture wars'.
5. Excessive consumption/consumerism.
6. Anything else?

(I'm sure I missed a ton.)

2 comments:

  1. I would say that elements 2, 4, and 5 can all be laid at the doorstep of corporate power.

    The #1 thing we can do to improve society is a constitutional amendment reversing Corporate Personhood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a bad one. Anyone else?

    ReplyDelete