Friday, November 11, 2011

Russian Mars Mission

The Russians just can't seem to get a successful Mars mission, can they...and this one didn't even get out of LEO.

(If I was some kind of conspiracy theorist, I'd link this to the fact that they were apparently trying to deliberately contaminate Phobos with earthlife. However. I know the truth. Russians just aren't good at sending things to Mars. I will resist Red Planet jokes here).

Hopefully it won't land on anything important when it crashes back to Earth.

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2011/11/11/toxic-russian-mars-probe-heading-back-to-earth/

2 comments:

  1. WE aren't that great at sending things to Mars, either. Personally, I think there's a massive unluck field surrounding it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not nearly as jinxed as the Russians.

    My dad was, at one point, convinced our probes were being shot down by the Martians. Then we actually managed to land something and he had to drop that idea.

    ReplyDelete